Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Haden and Tyler


Haden has been pretty upset this week, he is 13, Tyler is 10. Sunday they decided to weight themselves and they weigh exactly the same!! Haden is bugged...big time!! We had him tested last month to make sure everything is normal, blood work, x-rays, and there seems to be nothing wrong other than he is taking after his father, who didn't grow until after high school when he was on his mission he came home 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier!! He is just a late bloomer or otherwise known as constitutional growth delay. So anyway, having Tyler be bigger and also my biggest of them all,(the boy likes to eat) doesn't make things any easier for him. Today i was at Costco and found some cute swimsuits for them, I wasn't quite sure what size to get them. So for Tyler i got a 10 and Haden a 12. Well this is where things get Haden even madder, the 10 fits Tyler perfect, the 12 is huge on Haden, so i have him try on the 10 to see if i just need to return it for another size 10. well the 10 is too big on him too!! He is not a happy camper! He tells Tyler he needs to go on a diet and storms off! I feel bad, I don't know what to do at this point, buying a 13 year old a size 8 swimsuit just doesn't seem right!! I am thinking i will get a 10 and have my mom take it in at the waist! I sure hope my little Haden starts to grow! And that this isnt giving Tyler more of a complex about his weight! I never thought with boys i would be dealing with this kind of thing.
This is a picture of Tyler and Haden playing with the inside packaging from our new camera, seriously, why do we buy them presents for Christmas and birthdays, all they need are boxes and markers to keep them entertained! Late bloomers in all areas it looks like!!!

8 comments:

nancy said...

LOL!! Haden telling Tyler to go on a diet is HILARIOUS!! Guess you still get the drama with all boys.

What kind of camera did you get?

Jdogger said...

got a Cannon, totally an impulse buy, looks like it will be a good one, have to read the manual, that is the part that i dont like doing! Does have a point and shoot setting, so that is most likely the one i will use, it has a cool feature, you can take pictures and if you want to look tanner or lighter there is a setting for that, now if there is a skinnier setting, i would be a happy woman, that and a no cellulite setting, i would be in heaven!!

Amanda M. said...

oooh, poor Hayden. I wish I was a boys size 8 although in a cute womanly way (that was kindof weird sorry, one of those nights). Your boys are cute or awesome, as my boys like to be called, no matter the size.

Amanda M. said...

P.S. Sorry I spelled Haden wrong.

Ashley said...

Wow Janna! That totally sounds like girl drama! I guess there is no escaping teenage drama. I'm not looking forward to that. Alia is already moody.

JackandJaneyNichols said...

This is hard for both of them...my sister Elizabeth although 4 years older, we were the same size when she was in 8th gr. and I was in 4th. She quit growing and I continued, so I was always taller, then bigger then her from about 6th gr. on! It helped me have low self-esteem about myself. When I look at our pictures now, it wasn't as much as a difference as I felt at the time, but still dramatic....so I feel your boy's frustration.

Jaclyn said...

Wow...I guess boys do care :)

Jdogger said...

I am just glad that they are boys, i think if they were girls they would all have eating disorders and bad self esteem issues!! I am not the best mom at teaching them to love what you got, cause i dont know how to do that myself!!