Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Just want to say Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there! I Love Mother's Day, My little family always tries to make me feel really special. My mother's Day started out Saturday morning when the doorbell rang around 11:00 am with a special delivery of a dozen cupcakes from my sweetie! That was so fun and different! Doug knows that i would much rather eat a dozen of something yummy than to watch a dozen of roses die ( i do like to recieve flowers, dont get me wrong) but a yummy treat is always the key to my heart!



Then we all went outside to the backyard and weeded the dreaded flower beds, i use that term very loosley, as they were chuck full of weeds, something we have been putting off for about two years now, all the boys chipped in and helped, that was awesome! I didnt take a picture cause i would be too embarrased to even show you just how bad i let it get! Sunday morning we all got up and ready for church, the ym/yw sang a song In this very room, which is one that always gets me, and then the primary sang a mix of mother's day songs, and Doug gave the opening prayer, and he always says such wonderful prayers, It ended up being a really good meeting! Doug took the boys shopping for me and I got to open thier gifts, that was fun, I got a bunch of jewlery that they picked out with some help from Doug, I guess they had picked some pretty crazy stuff, Doug had to steer them in the right direction, but they all did really good, I really love my peace bracelet that Doug picked, Thanks baby! The boys all wrote me letters, which i always enjoy and I am also so glad to Have Tyler around so i still get those fun homemade gifts! It is going to be sad when he is too old to not do that anymore!




Then we headed over to Doug's Parents to give Doug's mom her mother's day present, V Chocolates, If you havent tried these, you are missing out! They are the best carmels ever! they taste just like homemade carmels dipped chocolate, Yummy! I love them so much i even bought me a box for myself! Happy Mother's Day to me! So the next time you see me i will be about 10 lbs heavier, but it will all be worth it! I just want to tell everyone how lucky i am to live in a house full of boys, I really do love being a mom to all boys, there is never a dull moment, I love it!



6 comments:

AnneMarie said...

You are spoiled! Jewlery and they weeded! I'm jealous, although my Mom's Day was awesome. I love those V Chocolates, I've only seen them at Thanksgiving Point. Where did you get yours? Do you know where Doug got those cupcakes? They look so good, (like I need more sugar and chocolate!)they look like the ones Dear Lizzie sells. Happy Mom's Day to you!

Jdogger said...

Thanks Annemarie! Well he got the cupcakes from cupcake chic, some lady at his work just started it, I was so excited to eat them, and they looked better than they tasted, didnt stop me from eating them, but i am pretty picky when it comes to baked goods, i think homemade always kicks store bought butt any day! but I thought it was a super sweet thing for him to do! I found the V chocolates at Tai Pan, good to know they are at Thanksgiving point, that is closer, that could be dangerous!

Emily & Madeline Armstrong said...

What a cute idea. I would love to get cupcakes. Your blog is so cute you have gotten high tech on me. I still don't know how to put music on. Talk to you later love emily

Jdogger said...

Emily if you go down to the bottom of my blog where the music player is just click on one of those links about free music player and the rest is pretty easy!

Amy M. said...

Janna,
Looks like you had a great day! The cupcakes look great, is there a special cupcake shop up there? I hope that you are doing great.

Jdogger said...

Hey Amy, so good to hear from you! I love reading your blog! Well seems like cupcakes are the new big thing around here, it's pretty funny to me, cause cupcakes are so easy to make!