Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAPPY EASTER!

This weekend went by very fast, Saturday Haden had a soccer game at 12:30 in Orem, our annual cousin Easter Egg hunt at Jim and Melissa's house at 3:00( thanks you guys, you rock, the bounce house was such a good idea!) and we had to skip out on going to dinner with everyone afterwards cause Doug's parents and his brother David from Hawaii came over to visit. Sunday we of course had to see what the Easter bunny left and hurry to get ready for church, Tyler was singing the prelude music with the primary and had to be there early. Doug's parents came over for Easter dinner, Doug cooked rib eye steaks and chicken on the grill, It was really, really good, and i of course made the won ton salad again, ( i told you it was my new favorite). Then Scott, Kim and Megan came over to hang out for a while, it was a very nice Easter day. I think this is probably the last year that Tyler will believe in the Easter bunny, last night he came and told me that some kids in his class think that the Easter bunny, Santa clause and the tooth Fairy are all your parents. I said what do you think? and he said, I think the are real. Then in the morning when checking out his stuff he said how did the Easter bunny get the same eggs we had for the hunt? I just smiled, and i think he figured it out. Kind of sad, but at the same time i don't want him to be the weird kid who believes in the Easter bunny and Santa Clause in 6Th grade and everyone making fun of him.

1 comment:

nancy said...

I'm really hoping my girls figure it out soon. At christmastime Abbey told me that some kids in her class think that parents are santa claus and just stay really late or get up in the middle of the night do put presents out. I asked her what she thought about it and she said there is no one we would get up in the night to do that, so it couldn't be us! She must think her parents are super lazy!