Friday, March 14, 2008

MY EYEBROW WAX STORY


OK, so i thought i would save some money this week by getting my eyebrows waxed by a student at that Mandalyn Academy in American fork. Melissa went with me and she has been there before so i didn't really think too much about it, i mean, how hard can it be? Well first off my girl came to get me and i took one look at her eyebrows and wanted to run the other direction, but of course i didn't. The whole process took a half an hour! I think that is quite long don't you? Anyways while she was doing it, there was some discomfort but not much, then she took some toner to "close" up the pores and it was like putting acid on my eyebrows!! I was like whatever just get me out of here. so i paid and we left. Melissa and i went to lunch afterwards and the whole time my eyebrows were on fire! When i got home i looked in the mirror and noticed a blister on one of my eyelids and of course both eyelids were bright red (which would explain why the waiter kept looking at me weird). That night i had to put one of those lovely eye icepack thingys(see pic above). I woke up the next day with the puffiest eyelids i have ever seen! So anyways lesson learned, Don't try to save a few bucks when it comes to anything on your face!! Today they are just lovely scabs that are peeling, it is just a good thing that i wear make-up!! Why did i tip that girl? I always seem to have bad luck when it comes to stuff like that. Oh well live and learn!

3 comments:

AnneMarie said...

Oh my gosh! That is so horrible, but why am I laughing so hard right now? You are the funniest person I know.

nancy said...

you do have the greatest stories!

Ashley said...

That stinks! I think our skin is super sensitive. Whenever I try to wax my eyebrows it takes off too much skin and flakes off. That's crazy that she put toner on it!