Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Maui Day One



April 11th we headed off to the airport to go to Hawaii!! We were so excited but for some reason i was getting all stressed about it, when packing and stuff i would get this crazy feeling that we wouldnt have a good time. I have the magic 8 ball on my computer and every time i asked it if I was going to have a good time, it would say things like, Outlook bad or doesnt look good. I did this more than any adult should and i started thinking crazy thoughts! Well we arrive at the airport and check in and made it threw security, which usually we dont all make it without some sort drama, and headed to our gate. We are on the people mover thingy ( our family calls it the lazy man's dream) and i was chatting away with Doug and the boys not looking forward when all of a sudden Doug says, "heads up!" well my brain cant compute fast enough what that means and it is the end of the ride and next thing you know me and my carry on are down on the ground! i break my fall with my knee and hand and i am completley embarrassed and mad that they didnt let me know until last second! My hand is hurting, my knee is hurting and my face is so red i could crawl inside a hole! I forgot to mention that my period is due any second, so i am PMSing pretty hard and I kind of got pissy with Doug for letting that happen. He felt bad, he didnt realize the end was near until it was too late. So we get to the gate, i pop some Tylenol and i settle down try to remember we are on our way to Paradise. We get on our first plane, it is a little one and I end up sitting with Tyler, it was only for an hour so it wasnt going to be too bad. Well drinks start being served and Tyler gets a Sprite and then decides he needs to go to the bathroom, so being such a tiny plane and all, manuvering pass me he dumps his sprite on my lap! Remember i am PMSing and i am not too happy with the fact that not only am i freezing cold and wet from his drink, but that when it dries i will be all sticky and we still have a 5 1/2hour flight after this one! At this point i am thinking, that stupid magic 8 ball is right! Our flight was a little late and we only had 30 minutes till our other flight left, so we didnt have time to go to the bathroom and get cleaned up or anything. We made our flight though and all was good. Then i had to do something i swore i would never do, I had to go to the bathroom on the airplane, I held it as long as i could, but I had to do it, and it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be, but i was sad that i now cant say i have never been to the bathroom on an airplane, dumb, i know, i am just weird like that i guess! We arrive and my spirits are back up again, we are in Hawaii and vacation has offically arrived! yeah!! We get all checked in and decide to get in our suits and check out the pools and the beach. Josh has been texting his girlfriend non stop the whole day and is happy as long as he can talk to Sami. This is when i am sure we are not going to have a good time at all, Josh drops his cell phone in the ocean on accident!! There goes the good mood, Josh is pissed, i am pissed cause we just bought him that phone a couple of weeks ago and he has gone threw more phones than i have had in my whole lifetime! At this point I am sure this vacation is going to be the biggest waste of money I have ever spent!


4 comments:

JackandJaneyNichols said...

A magic 8 ball....really?

shellie said...

I am so jealous of your vacation! It looks like it was so much fun and I love all the pictures.

Oh and it's not fair that you look good in a swimsuit. When I put a swimsuit on I feel like a big fish that's flopping around outside of the water.

Jdogger said...

Thanks Shellie! I only picked pictures that wernt too hideous of me in a suit, believe me, there are some pretty scarey ones of me that didnt make the blog!! I can not imagine you looking bad in a suit, you are a young little hottie!!

nancy said...

stupid cell phones....