Friday, April 10, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUG!!


Tomorrow is Doug's 42ND birthday and i didn't want his day to get overshadowed by the fact that we are going to Hawaii! (That doesnt sound right does it?) I just want to make sure he knows we haven't forgotten his special day. I have been so busy trying to get everything ready for this trip, i haven't gotten Doug anything for his birthday, a couple of weeks ago he ordered a golf club for himself and said it would be his birthday present and to not get him anything else, plus the fact that we are going to Hawaii. sounded good at the time, but now that it is almost here i feel guilty not getting him something because he is worth so much more than that to me! Doug is the best husband and father in the world! I cant tell you how perfect he is for me! We are opposites in many ways, and usually they are for the good. Doug doesn't get all stressed out over things, which helps me to calm down, since i stress about everything! Doug doesn't love treats, (now i should clarify this, Doug loves candy), I am talking about cookies, cakes, and other yummy baked goods, which is good, because i would be making them all the time and try to pass it off as breakfast, lunch and dinner! Doug is good at cooking and cooks quite often, which is so nice for me cause i seriously cant ever think of anything to make, while Doug has this gift of opening up the cupboard and seeing all kinds of stuff to make while i see nothing! He has spoiled us all with his bbqing skills, now when i order a steak somewhere it often doesn't compare to Doug's! Doug is also very thoughtful, he is always thinking of others. People tend to look at him and think he is mean and are intimidated by him, he really is a sweetheart. I have never met a nicer man! My boys look up to him and want to be like him when they grow up and i sure hope that they do! I could go on and on, What can i say, I am still so madly in love with him after all these years! I love you babe, hope you have a great Birthday!!

5 comments:

JackandJaneyNichols said...

Wow! He sounds perfect! I'd of married him too! And I don't think he looks mean at all, he's quite handsome actually, (as you well know)

Happy Birthday to Doug and have a great time in Hawaii! xoxo's

the weisenburger life said...

Janna... Have a great time in Hawaii! I think the most romantic thing I've ever heard in Sacrament Meeting was when Doug mentioned in his testimony that you were the rose among all the thorns in your family and how lucky they are to have you. I've had a neighbor crush on him ever since :o)

nancy said...

Doug is awesome! Happy Birthday, have fun in Hawaii!

Jaclyn said...

I'm glad Doug turned out to be a great guy! I really like him as a cousin-in-law. Have fun in Hawaii!

Ashley said...

Doug is great guy! He was always so nice and patient when he was trying to study and I would accidently break his internet connection by trying to call one of my boyfriends on the phone. Happy Birthday Doug. Have fun!