Saturday, November 8, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HADEN!!


Yesterday was Haden's 13Th birthday. I can not believe he is 13, I don't know where the time goes?? He is now officially a teenager, which means i now have two teenagers in the house, which means even more gray hairs! Haden had been asking for a PSP for about two weeks before his birthday, I really didn't think he needed another gaming system, we have so many it is ridiculous, but that was the only thing he kept asking for, I put off buying him anything till the last minute and it is a good thing, cause a couple days before he decided he wanted a snow board instead. Well i wasn't too keen on that idea, to me that is more of a Christmas gift, kind of expensive, so i didn't know what to do. Well Doug went out to the store the night before and found a really good deal on one. So we kept telling him there is no way he is getting a snowboard, that is just too expensive, he was pretty bummed. That morning we wrapped up the boots and bindings and hid the snow board in the laundry room, so when he woke up that morning and saw those two presents he wasn't too happy about it you could tell. When he opened up the boots he got all excited again. After he opened up the boots and bindings we said, I guess you will have to wait for Christmas to get the board, cause it is just too much money to get it all at once, He was on the verge of tears,( are we mean or what?) So i quickly brought out the board and he was Happy! Haden just wanted a family party, he just wanted to go out to eat at Wingers. So we let him invite a friend. When we were at Wingers Haden got a text from Jim, he asked us where we were and he ended up coming in with Carter and giving Haden a birthday present, That made Haden feel real good. (Melissa and Cole had to stay out in the car, cause Cole is sick:() We then came home and sang Happy Birthday and had cake. His friend ended up sleeping over as well as Josh's friend, so I think he ended up having a really good day. Haden is a really good kid, he is my one who always tells me he loves me, gives me a kiss before he goes to school or a friends house, will sit down and talk to me about girls, and life, He really is a joy to have around! Happy Birthday Haden, WE LOVE YOU:)






3 comments:

nancy said...

Happy Birthday Haden!!

You guys are a little mean...but it's just too fun to tease the kids sometimes :)

Ashley said...

That sounds like a fun birthday! I think it's funny that you hid it from him!

shellie said...

i can't believe how big your kids are getting. he got a snowboard for his birthday? that's awesome. my birthday is coming up in a few months, maybe you guys could give me a snowboard too...i need one!