Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Pictures



Well Sunday I decided because it was so nice out and Christmas is going to be here before we know it, we should take our annual Christmas card pictures. Doug and I had this great idea of going over to the little vegetable stand down the street with the old tractor and truck and take some rustic pictures. I thought i would just go threw the boys closets and find something for them to wear. I picked out their outfits and you would have thought i was making them wear overalls or a cowboy boots or something! They were all "we look like hillbillies", they were pretty mad at me. When i asked them what they wanted to wear instead they said how about we dress up as gangsters or something, I was like what?, we aren't wearing costumes right now! They are so weird! Then we drove to the spot, which is off a busy road and then they were all "people might see us!". Although I remember a time when Mom made us get our pictures taken at K-mart and i think i was around Josh and Haden's age and i was completely mortified, So i can understand that one. Then Tyler anytime we try to take pictures outside starts to cry cause he says it makes his eyes hurt, so i was like this is going to be a nightmare, but after a major yelling at, telling them to knock it off, we managed to get some pretty good pictures. Also without Kelly coming out to meet us at a last minutes notice, we never would have gotten any of them taken, So thank you Kelly! I am just glad that ordeal is over with, well at least for another year!














4 comments:

Ashley said...

Those a good pictures! Way better than ours! I wanted to take ours outside but it was cold and I didn't know a place where I could prop up the camera to the right height. The picture where Haden has his foot up on the log looks like a picture from a magazine! You guys all look great!

nancy said...

Seriously, those pictures turned out so nice. I really, really like them. I can't understand why pictures always have to be such an ordeal...it's like pure torture for everyone.

shellie said...

LOVE THEM!!! and i don't think your boys look like hillbillies.

Amanda M. said...

Those look so good! I was hoping that boys grow out of getting mad about pictures, my boys are the worst, I guess not. Love the picture!