Monday, June 2, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


Yesterday was my birthday, I kind of got to celebrate it all weekend! It started out Thursday when Melissa took me out to lunch to Cobblestone and we got one of those yummy BBQ chicken pizza's,which we split (and just about finished) and then to Dear Lizzie's for one of those Yummy cupcakes that my friend Annemarie turned me on to( thanks a lot).
Then I got a nice card in the mail from my sister-in-law Jeannie with a gift certificate to Bath and Body works and a card from my visiting teaching companion with a gift card to Kneaders.Friday Melissa came by with a plate of cupcakes that she made, she tried to duplicate the one from dear Lizzie's and came pretty close! Saturday Doug took me to the mall and i got some new shirts, a skirt and new shoes. Then we decided to go to Tommy's Burger down in Provo, we used to eat there all the time when we were dating and had lunch, we even split a order of fries, yes, you heard me right, Fries!! they tasted soo good, and went so well with my chili burger! That night we went to the movies with Jim and Melissa, we saw What happens in Vegas. it was really funny! Sunday was kind of sad, Doug was on call and had to go into work and do two surgeries. So i had to take the boys to church by myself, that wasn't fun, but neither is having a birthday on Sunday! When Doug did come home, he made Taco's for dinner which were really good and he even went to Chili's and picked up some Chips, Salsa and Queso dip to go with it( my favorite!) I don't know if you noticed, but i think i am off of the no chips and fries thing, 6 months is pretty good though? Then a little later we took a walk which was much needed after all the food i have been eating all week! the weather has been so good, it is making me very happy! Then when we got home, Jason and Rachael and family stopped by with some goodies from Dippidee! I also got a call from Nancy and had a nice chat with her( which i always do). I also forgot to mention that Doug bought me some See's candies! I am seeing a theme here, I must be the biggest pig in the world, everything revolves around Food!!
I think I am going to be a huge blimp if i don't knock it off! So I had a great Birthday, Thanks to everyone! I am sad that the years keep coming and that i am getting so old, but i still feel like a kid inside! in fact i was looking threw some of the old pictures to find my baby picture and i came across this one, and it reminded me of one of the pictures we took in Hawaii, and they are almost the same pose! I really am still that silly little kid inside!

6 comments:

nancy said...

That pose is hiliarious! I'm glad you had a good birthday!

Ashley said...

That sounds like a great birthday! All those treats look so good. I want some!

AnneMarie said...

Happy Birthday! Did you get 6 Dear Lizzie cupcakes? I'm glad you had a good weekend, even though Doug had to work.

Jdogger said...

No, Melissa my sister in law, bought me one, then she went home and made me some that she tried to copy! They were really good!

LUKE AND MONICA said...

Hey,
This is Monica from Bunko in St. George. I came across your blog and just wanted to say hi and see how things were going. And tell you happy belated birthday. It looks like you had some fun. I added you on my blog, I hope that's ok. Take care.

Jdogger said...

Thanks Monica for the birthday wishes! It has been so long, what a surprise! So glad you found me, I will add you to my blog too! I love to see what everyone is up to, this blogging world is really fun!