Tuesday, April 1, 2008

TACO SALAD BOWL

I love taco salads,especially the ones that come in those big fried flour tortilla bowls. As you know i am not eating chips or fries, so I don't think that eating a huge fried flour tortilla bowl is really helping the cause. So i went on line and searched recipes for cooking them in the oven, i ran across a way to make them with no oil, no nothing! you just put a tortilla inside of a microwave safe bowl and stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes. I didn't believe that it would work, or that it would taste good, so i tried it last night and Not only did it work, it tasted great and was super crunchy and way easy and you don't have to mess with the oven or oil! I was so happy last night after eating my yummy taco salad knowing that i didn't eat anymore fat then i would have eating a soft taco! YEAH!!

For each bowl, ease a 10” flour tortilla into a 2-1/2 qt, oven-proof bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Remove from bowl, invert onto a wire rack and let cool completely.

4 comments:

nancy said...

you really do eat lots of salads!

Jdogger said...

I never really thought about it before, i love salad!

Ashley said...

I'll have to try that one some time! Do you use already cooked tortillas or the ones that you cook before serving?

Jdogger said...

I used the ones you just buy in the stores already cooked, i wonder if the not cooked ones would be better??