Friday, August 21, 2009

I'M BACK!!

This summer has really gone by fast! I feel like we did a lot of stuff and I hope i can remember it all! Some things I took tons of pictures and others I didn't take very many or none at all. I will try to get caught up to speed.

SWIM LESSONS

This is Tyler's third year in swim lessons, he really has come a long way. I have never seen a child so afraid of water as Tyler was. When he turned 8 and was to be baptised, he was up nights worrying about putting his whole head in the water, he was truly afraid!! Well now two years later he is actually swimming! He still cant get over being afraid of the deep end, but baby steps, right? He takes swim lessons every year with his cousins Cole and Carter, they always have a blast!

JOSH'S 16TH BIRTHDAY!





July 29Th was Josh's big 16Th birthday! I would say sweet 16, but we all know he has kissed a girl, so he is no longer sweet!! hahahaha! Just kidding. I can not believe he is 16. He is still pretty immature for his age, but when i think about it, so am I!! He hasn't got his drivers licence or even his learner permit at the time, but we are just letting him decide when he is ready. I do know that he has downloaded the test application on his ipod touch, so he is thinking about it, we even quizzed him a little and he will probably do fine. I am not pushing the issue, I am not sure i am ready to deal with it!!

For Josh's birthday he wanted to go shopping at the mall. So i gave him $200cash and he went to town. he did really good, not like i thought, he actually bought stuff on sale and even bought a used game for his Xbox to save money, I was impressed with the amount of stuff he got. He bought 4 t-shirts, xbox game, Pair of shoes(Jordan's), and a really nice pair of headphones! I was proud of his thriftiness!! We had to go to Haden's soccer tournament on his birthday, but he went and didn't complain too much. After the game we waited for Doug to come home and then we went to dinner and then home to eat cake.

Josh is such a fun kid, we love him tons! He drives me crazy sometimes and yet i wouldn't want him any other way! Happy Birthday Buddy!!

















FAMILY

besides family reunion and cousin week, we have had a lot of family fun. We got home from our reunion and Brent and Nancy and family came to town from New Jersey for a week, we did some more BBQ's, shopping and hanging out, then Ashley and her kids came out from Texas for a week and we did more hanging out, BBQ's, lunch's and shopping!! I am sad I think I had taken so many pictures in California, i just kind of stopped taking pictures, so i have none of those two weeks:( I really enjoy being around my family, it is always fun. It was nice thou, to get back into the swing of things... just in time for back to school!

1 comment:

JackandJaneyNichols said...

Well no wonder the summer went so fast, you all were super busy every single minute having fun! And thats the way summer should always be...Happy bday to Josh! You're right, your kids are growing way too fast!