Tuesday, August 25, 2009

18 YEARS AND STILL GOING STRONG!


Yesterday was our 18Th Anniversary! I can not believe how fast time is flying, I can remember people saying the older you get the faster time will go, well i must be getting old, cause I swear I just wrote about our 17Th! Doug had to work (of course), but he did send me flowers, even though we promised we weren't going to buy each other anything! I felt bad, cause i didn't get him anything! We ended up going out to dinner to the new Texas Roadhouse that just opened up in Lehi, it was really good and we had a good time being able to be alone for a little bit. I know people look at us sometimes and want to barf cause we are pretty affectionate people, but i don't ever want to be in a relationship that isn't still full of passion and love for each other! We have gone threw so much together that it is hard to not be more in love with each other every day, month and year! I feel extremely blessed to be married to such a great guy, He is perfect for me. I am so far from perfect and he accepts me for me. He really is my best friend! Growing older frightens me very much, but knowing that Doug will be by my side threw it all, is very comforting. I love you Doug! Happy Anniversary!

This picture makes me laugh, we bought each other Jordan's for our Wedding gifts to each other and we wore them during our reception. No sore feet for me:) But the funny part to me is that we both really never wore these shoes for anything else and we saved them. Haden wears my old pair and just about wore them out and Josh has out grown Doug's! 18 years ago i would have never imagined that!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

What a great picture of you two!!! 18 years!!! You guys are still acting and looking so young!!!

Grandma Lu said...

Man, you guys are OLD!!! Just kidding, you are the cutest couple!

Jaclyn said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you're so happy!

Ashley said...

Happy Anniversary!!! That's cool that the boys wore your shoes! Retro!

JackandJaneyNichols said...

Look at Doug with hair! You're right, the years do go by fast, it seems like yesterday that it was your wedding day...and didn't the power go out at your reception? You two are a wonderful couple and you looked good then and your certainly look good now...fear not getting old, otherwise you'll have to die young....

Jdogger said...

Thanks everyone! and Yes Janey the power did go out and it ended up being the coolest reception ever, by candle light!

shellie said...

You guys looks so young in that picture!!! But congrats on making 18 years!

liz said...

It seems like yesterday that you were the cute little girl that Janey and I were fighting over who you liked best. You are still very cute and you guys are a cute couple and family. Love and congratulations to you both.

Amanda M. said...

Happy Anniversary! That is so cute, Jordans..... HA!

Jdogger said...

Liz, I remember liking you both, you guys were fun Aunts, but i do remember you gave me a little silver ring, which probably made you the favorite for a while, shhh...dont tell Janey!

liz said...

I remember that you kept that ring between visits and showed it to me when I saw you again. I think I told Janey about it at the time. She always thinks she is the favorite, but it's just because she started telling you kids as soon as you were born. Although she is a very fun Aunt. My kids love her.