Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner

Sorry it has been over a week and I haven't posted about our Thanksgiving dinner. We had Jason & Rachael and family, Jim & Melissa and Family, Jeff & Kelly and family and Julie (Melissa's Mom) over. Which added up to 21 people! Some of you know that a couple years ago I had thanksgiving at our house and we did it in our garage because we didn't have enough sitting space for everyone. Well I decided to do that again, I feel bad doing this, I know everyone thinks I am a psycho doing it, but really I don't have enough room in my house without rearranging all the furniture, plus the tables would have to be set up over carpet. Now if it was 21 adults i would be okay with that, but since we were out numbered by the kids, I just couldn't do it. So I spent the whole day before trying to make my garage presentable. It turned out good, Everyone brought over more than enough food. We had a great time. I love getting together with my brothers and families, It is sad we all live so close but rarely get to see each other, so that was nice. I now want to make sure the next house i buy has a room big enough to host a dinner for a large group, cause I feel really stupid making everyone eat out in my garage. but when cleaning up after everyone had gone, i did have some gravy and potatoes on the floor which i was very grateful wasn't on my carpet inside my house! Here are some picture from that day, I didn't take very many which makes me sad. Thanksgiving came and went too fast, I just cant believe how fast time is flying by, so now all my focus is getting Christmas ready, which i feel will be here before i know it!











4 comments:

nancy said...

I'm sorry I missed it! It looks really nice.

Ashley said...

Your tables look very pretty!

Jdogger said...

Thanks Ash. Nancy I am sorry you werent there also! Ashley you too! Maybe someday we will all be together again for the holidays, but i doubt it!

Amanda M. said...

what a good big sister, and your garage looks very festive, I wouldn't want thanksgiving on my carpet either, plus you don't have to vacumn in a garage. Looks like you had fun!