Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Annual Gingerbread House/Sister Gifts




Every year since I can remember we would get together as sisters, sister-in-laws and my mom and make gingerbread houses. We would usually do this the Saturday after Thanksgiving to kind of kick start the holidays. We also exchange gifts and have lunch. This year we wanted to wait for my mom to come home to do it, so we did it yesterday. I feel extra busy this year with stuff so i bought one of those kits, but instead of a house i got a gingerbread tree kit. It was much easier to do and it didn't require too many creative juices, which was nice. It was also a nice break just chatting and relaxing. When we were done, we headed over to The Cobblestone Pizzeria for lunch, and of course my dad came along too! It is so fun having them back!! The only thing that would have made it better would be if my sisters Nancy and Ashley could have been there!


7 comments:

shellie said...

that's a cool tradition. we should have a cousins lunch...just because i like to eat with good company.

Jdogger said...

Shellie, that sounds like a ton of fun, we should totally do that!!

nancy said...

let's have one after christmas...

Jdogger said...

Let's do it! I guess whoever wants to come can come! I will let you and Shellie be in charge of that one:)

Ashley said...

Your tree looks really cute!

Amy M. said...

What a darling idea. Looks like so much fun. Hope you had a great Christmas.

JackandJaneyNichols said...

I read your blog all the time (as well as all my nieces...) and I'm finally learning how to blog, so check out mine. Gingerbread houses look great!