Wednesday, September 10, 2008

HUNTER'S SAFETY





With Josh getting a shotgun from his grandpa for his birthday, I was really feeling the need to get him into hunter's safety. We found out that Cabela's has a course,so we signed Josh and Haden up, along with Michael, cause Haden thought it would be more fun if his cousin did it with them. They were pretty upset when they found out that it was two nights a week for three weeks and was 2 1/2 hours long each time! But they were pretty good about it and they didn't complain too much. They had to pass a written test along with a shooting test at a shooting range. I was pretty worried they wouldn't pass the written test, especially when Josh called me 15 minutes after i dropped them off to take the test, telling me it was so easy, I am the first one done! I was like great, he just went in and guessed. But he passed and so did Haden and Mike. I was relieved until I started thinking about the actual shooting test, they have only gone out twice to shoot guns and I didn't really know how good of a shot they were. So that Day of the test Doug and I took them out West and we had them practice shooting. Josh was hitting everything really good, but Haden not so much, so again i started worrying( something i am very good at). Well they passed, they had to shoot standing up, sitting and laying down at these animal targets that they had to get at least 16 out of 30 shots from 50 feet away. Josh got 21 and Haden 17. Josh told me he is such a good shot because he plays Halo, Well at least that game is good for something! So now I am feeling better at least they know how to handle a gun and now can go hunting with Doug.
Practice shooting



Taking the test


No comments: