Monday, July 14, 2008

20 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION!!

This past weekend was my 20 year High School reunion, I know, hard to believe!! Well originally i was going to go with Annemarie, and kind of have a girls trip, well last minute she couldn't make it and kind of left me in a bind, I was pretty upset, but my awesome family Jim and Melissa and Jason and Rachael, stepped in and helped with the kids, and rides to the airport and Doug dropped all his plans and paid triple the price to fly with me and take me to my reunion! Besides all the extra costs, We had a really good time, and i was so glad Doug came with me!! We got there Thursday afternoon and Checked into our room at the Cadillac Hotel in Venice Beach. The hotel was newly renovated which was good, (it used to be a hostel) But it was in a scary part of town so it was really good to have Doug with me, although i never really felt scared, there was just some drunken bums hanging out by the hotel, but they don't scare me! I choose to stay in Venice cause i have always loved walking that boardwalk and checking out all the weirdos and people watching, it is one of my favorite things to do!! I also love the beach, so it was the best of both, although we never really went to the beach, (it just didn't seem hot enough). So Thursday we just walked up and down the boardwalk, had an early dinner at the sidewalk cafe and headed back to hotel, Doug was extremely tired, he had just flown back from Florida Wed. so we went to bed really early!




Friday Doug wanted to go see the Hollywood walk of fame, I wasn't too sure where it was, so we found the Beverly Center mall and had lunch( Tommie's Burger) It was soooo good!! then we thought we would buy a map and see how far away the Walk of Fame was, well the map we got made it look like only a few blocks away so we decided to walk there, about three miles later we got there, we were very tired and hot by that time, but the only saving grace was we ran into a Rite Aide and they had a Thrifty's ice-cream in it, so i was SO HAPPY!! Made the whole walk worth it!
When we got to the Walk of Fame it was pretty lame so we were kind of bummed, but we decided to go into the Wax Museum,That was pretty fun, we also went into the Guinness book of world records museum, That was pretty cool too.


Then we decided to take a Taxi back to the Mall, although expensive, it was worth it! That night we went back to the hotel and ask the front desk clerk where a good place to eat was, he suggested a few places and we headed out to walk again, we kept walking and walking and couldn't find the place we were looking for and just went into this little Grill place ( wish i can remember the name of it) And it was the best dinner we had the whole trip!! Food always makes me really happy when it is that good!! Then we headed back to our hotel and went to bed. The next morning i was meeting my good high school friend Diane, we had lost touch since graduation, and just barley found each other threw emails. She wasn't planning on going to the reunion, so we made plans to see each other for Breakfast Saturday morning. We met at a restaurant called the Firehouse, we didn't know anything about it, but When we got there Diane pointed out that Hot Lips Hullahan (Sp??) from Mash was there, so it had to be alright! We had a really nice visit, I was so glad we got to see her and her two cute boys and hubby! Seeing her just brought back all these memories of some really fun good times!

After breakfast we checked out of our hotel and headed to the Sheraton where the reunion was going to be at. It was a really nice hotel, we got there around noon, so we hung out at the pool and then got ready for the Reunion. I of course started to get really nervous, I haven't seen most of those people in 20 years! Well once i got there i realized that not much has changed, of course some people were fatter, skinnier, older, but they all were the same, it was so weird! I had a really good time and i am so glad i went, If any of you are tyring to decide whether or not to go, just do it, you will be glad you did! Well Sorry for the long post, but that was my weekend. It was really fun, although it did make me realize i am getting older and i am not liking that, but oh well!



10 comments:

shellie said...

wow!! 20 years?? how old are you? you don't look like you should be going to your 20 year high school reunion. but it looks like you guys had a fun time. i'm jealous...i want to go on vacation.

Jdogger said...

Well Shellie, I am Old!! I just turned 38!! Remember Julie and I are the same age! We did have fun, i only wish i could be on a permanent vacation!! I need to win the Lottery!!

nancy said...

I'm glad you had a good time...and that you found a Thrifty's! Was it as good as you remember?

Ashley said...

That looks like fun! I loved your black dress! You looked hot! You always look good though.

Jdogger said...

nancy, the ice cream was so good, i got mint chip and chocolate malted crunch, YUM! Just like i remembered!

Ashley, thanks, when i first read it i thought you meant hot, like i was sweating, cause i was, it was really hot in that place with all those people in one room, and probably the nerves helped in my sweaty situation!

Jason Phillippi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Phillippi said...

Janna you have convinced me to go to mine in 2 years. I do have a question as to who the guy with his arm round you is and also you should explain who the tan guy with a wedgie is...

Jdogger said...

That guy with his arm around me is a guy who convinced Doug and I to buy his CD, he said one day he was going to be famous, so we said in that case i need a picture with you, so one day it may be worth $$ he asked me to post it on his myspace page!!lol!! The wedgie guy was just one of the many freaks we saw in Venice, I love that place!!

Jason Phillippi said...

Well is his CD any good? I am curious see what its like?

Jdogger said...

Well it is Rap music, i havent really listened to it yet, Josh has and has said it isnt very good!