Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Life Lessons Learned SO FAR...

So it is late and I cant sleep cause Doug isn't here to tell me it's time to go to bed, and it is just plain hard for me to go to sleep without him. So I was thinking about all the stupid things i have done over the past couple of years because of a little stupid thing i did today, I was coloring my hair like I have done many, many times before and somehow i didn't notice some dye on my pinkie finger, so now i have a pinkie fingernail that is stained brown, It seriously looks like i have some sort of disease!! And it wouldn't be that bad, but i have my 20Th high school reunion on Saturday and if this isn't faded by then, there maybe rumors that i am going to die of cancer or something! So I got mad at myself because I always manage to do such stupid things, so i will share some of them with you and hopefully help someone out there avoid some of the mistakes I have made.

1. never put Nair on your upper lip, you will have a huge red mustache burn for a couple of days that no amount of make-up will cover!
2. never use one of those personal trimmer thingy's to trim up your eyebrows, you may just cut off all of your eye lashes on your left eye before you realize what you have done!!
3. on the subject of eyebrows, check out my post back in March about my eyebrow waxing story, never let anyone put toner on your freshly waxed brows!! puffy, scabby, eyebrows are never in style!!
4. Never buy a box of hair color cause it is on clearance, there is probably a reason they are clearing it out, unless you want to roll the dice and find out what mystery color your hair will turn.( in my case jet black!!)
5. Leave the waxing of your very delicate parts to the professionals, It is hard for me to even expand on that one, lets just say that is an area where you don't want a flesh wound!!
6. never use mayonnaise as a mask for your face, no matter what that beauty at home book says, you may have some sort of allergic reaction to it and burn your entire face, and have to walk around with a beet red face for a week, and as mentioned above , no amount of make-up will cover that!
7. Don't assume because it says hot-oil treatment for hair, that you need to put it in the microwave to make it steaming hot before you scald your scalp off!
8.And Finally don't run with wet feet on a tile floor, you may just slip and break your fall with your nose on a coffee table because your hands are too busy trying to get a towel wrapped around your naked body!

So those are just a few of my many life lessons so far I am sure there will be more to come, but with each one, i learn a lesson i will never forget and hopefully never repeat ( although i am embarrassed to say that i have done that Nair one more than once, in my defense, the second time it was Nair for sensitive skin, lets face it, it is acid that eats your hair off, of course it is gonna burn!!)Live and Learn!

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Janna, you are so funny!!! I don't know why they put toner on your eyebrows. Toner isn't calming at all. I have burned my lip with Nair too. Although I've used it recently and didn't get burned. I figured out that if you put it on really thick it won't burn. It also helps if it is sensitive skin formula for the face. As for the color spot on your fingernail here are some things that used to work when I was in school: developer (the stuff that you mix with the color or bleach before you put it in your hair), nail polish remover, lemon juice and sugar scrub, and if all else fails . . .bleach. I hope one of those works for you!

shellie said...

those are so funny! my favorite it the running across the tile floor with wet feet.

nancy said...

those are hiliarious! and i think i have heard them all before just not all together like this, you really have a lot! oh, and the nair...why does it take several times of burning to finally stop using that product? i think i have a permanant scar mustache from it!

Jdogger said...

Thanks Ash, I will have to try one of your tips on removing this ugly brown fingernail stain!

Shellie, your favorite one, is my worst one, i broke my nose and had to have surgery to fix it, and it probably never will be the same! in fact anytime i go running to answer my cell phone, i remember the incident and take it slow, i can always call the person back!!

Nancy, I am glad to know i am not the only one with the permanent mustache scar,What i want to know is why do we have mustaches?? Arent we girls?

Stacey said...

hilarious post. I think the best posts come when you are nice and tired:) Oh, and about the mustaches on girls...it must run in the family. I've got one too:)

Jdogger said...

Hey Stacey, i have been reading your blog, it is so cute, and you have such a cute family! I love this blogging world, i get to know stuff about my family i had no idea, but the downside is they get to know stuff about me too! Probably a little too much information!!:)

Amanda M. said...

Janna, I was laughing so hard when I read this I am actually crying right now. I can't believe all these things can happen to one person. Good luck with your beauty treatments in the future!

LUKE AND MONICA said...

It sounds like it is time to leave the beauty treatments to the professionals! You are so funny. I can't believe all of those things have happened to you. I miss talking to you at Bunko you always had the funniest stories.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness ! I almost peed my pants reading these ! Too funny !! I just picked up nair for my face....what the crap ?!? no one told me I would get peach fuzz as I reached my 40's !! Of course, now I will return it and place the cash back into my savings account for botox & laser hair removal !
I am working on my blog...blogspot didn't like my web address, so I had to go to myblogsite ? just need to spend some time working on it !
thanks for the laughs...sorry it was painful for you !

Jdogger said...

Well you are lucky that your peach fuzz only just started, for some reason my family has had it sinse birth I think? I will have to check out your blog, i love reading other people's blogs!! I am thinking i should also start a botox and lazer hair remover fund, but the downside of lazer hair is if your hair is blonde it doesnt work as well!! Good and bad, i have blonde fuzz, not dark, but really why have any at all??