Thursday, May 13, 2010

COUPON SAVINGS!



So for the past probably 6 or 7 months i have been trying to do the coupon thing, It has taken me a while to get the hang of it, and i still feel like i probably could do better, but i am getting better at it, and i must admit i get a huge rush when i am done. But I still haven't gotten over the red face and the sweat that starts to happen when i begin checking out, that is the only part i cant get used to, everyone looking at you like you are crazy when i hand the cashier 20 or 30 coupons! Another problem i run into around here is that i get all my coupons ready and my list printed out and i head to the store to find everything i am looking for is all gone, i get so mad, cause this has happened to me more than i can count! Well today i had a pretty good list and a huge stack of coupons and i just knew i would get to Smiths and find everything gone...well to my surprise i got everything on my list and some!! I was so excited! I finally took a picture of my purchases, i am pretty proud, i figured i saved about 62%!! Most of the stuff i got was stuff i hate to spend money on, deodorant, soap, laundry soap, air freshener, make-up,tampons etc... Total before coupons and fresh value card $236.46 after $86.39!! whoo hoo Happy Day!!


Here is a list of what I got:
4 boxes Cocoa Puffs
6 Boxes Rice Crispies
4 Duncan Hines cake mixes
4 Capri Suns
4 Liquid Tide
4 Fabreze aerosol
4 Land o Lake butter
1 box Au Graten Potatoes
4 2 lb. bags of shredded cheese
10 Old Spice Red zone deoderant
4 Old Spice body wash
1 8 pack Irish Spring soap
7 boxes Tampax Tampons
5 bags flips Pretzels
4 CoverGirl single eye shadows
4 CoverGirl lip glosses
3 Packs Orbits gum
2 Packs cinnamin graham crackers
2 packs sugar wafers
2 bags frozen chicken
Total= $89.39!!! Not too shabby!!

7 comments:

nancy said...

nice!

JackandJaneyNichols said...

Good for you! Can I borrow a box of tampons? JK, don't need them anymore, no uterus:) Good job though!

Jaclyn said...

Awesome!!!

Jdogger said...

LOL very funny Janey! I wish i didnt need them, i dont understand why we cant turn it off when we are done with it!!!

Ashley said...

That is awesome Janna! I'm still trying to get the hang of things. It just doesn't work as well here because we only have to stores to choose from.

Gary and LaRee said...

Awesome Janna! Looks like you are a pro now. Great job!!!

liz said...

I'm really amazed! Good job!! You'll have to give me some lessons.